Regan Voit, Chair
SmartState Review Board

 

 

 

2017 - 2018 SmartState Annual Report

As of 2018, the SmartState Program is responsible for helping to create and support approximately 14,626 jobs in South Carolina, which is associated with over $2.8 billion in economic activity and $807 million in labor income for South Carolinians that would not exist otherwise. Approximately 5,616 (38%) of these positions are knowledge economy jobs created directly through the SmartState Program, with the remaining 9,010 (62%) arising from additional spending activity generated through the economic multiplier effect.